Skip to main content

End Of The Week. Lawd.

I'm so tired of standing, I can't stand no more.
Said, I'm so tired of this standing, just can't stand no more.
Seem like I'm doing the job of gravity, holding down the floor.

Hey Soul Mates,
It's been a long week. Victories, setbacks, holding patterns. We've had all three.

Victories: The band is feeling good about our presence on YouTube. The response to our tour footage and support of our fans has given us a needed boost. At the end of the day, yesterday, we ranked #28 on YouTube's most viewed music channels. That means a lot of you were watching, hopefully more than once. Be sure to join YouTube, so you can leave comments and rate our videos. That helps raise our profile there. Thanks to all of our fans on MySpace who have left some nice words of encouragement.

Setbacks: Hmm. X-ray says my left hip is going. No surgery now, but further down the road. Just like Prince and Eddie Van Halen. Too much monkey business on stage. Tho' the Doc says I've got great flexibility for such a damaged boy.

Holding Patterns: I'm reminded of a press quote about a now-successful group made of our peers that they "couldn't get arrested in L.A." No, that would be Rush Hour Soul. No pity party necessary. Just means there's nothing they can pin on us... yet! In the meantime, Bryan and I are boycotting haircuts until the right moment strikes. If you see us on the street, do not be alarmed.

It was a typical day in Hollywood for yours truly. Walking back to work after lunch, I got a head nod from Mel Gibson as he road his bicycle past me. Then I got a nice long look from Jessica Simpson while she was leaving the soundstage she was filming in. She saw me first. Ha ha. She's taller than I would have guessed. I could make this stuff up, but if I did, it would be Spike Lee and Meryl Streep. People tell me that I have that "you look like someone they should know" quality. That hoodoo must have worked on Mel and Jess.

I wish all of you a relaxing, safe weekend. I have to thank New Orleans for drafting USC star Reggie Bush. Because of his status here in L.A., my Cleveland Browns will be on television Sunday! And I don't have to leave the house to watch them. I love my Browns. It's their home opener, too. Their home opener hasn't been on tv here since they came back to the league and got the stuffing spanked out by the Steelers in '99. This is what I'm looking forward to most this weekend. That and the cooling trend. Actually put on my corduroy jacket to go out this evening.

Well, my baby dog is requiring my attention.
Love, Power, Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins (Review)

I'm just in from the world premiere of Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins . WHRJ is the new comedy starring Martin Lawrence, directed by Malcolm Lee ( Roll Bounce ; Undercover Brother both underrated and well-worth your time) . It's the story of a Hollywood hotshot who takes his new fiancee and his son to his parents' 50 th wedding anniversary/family reunion. Mr. Lawrence as usual shows off his comedic genius. He has steadily become a sure bet in Hollywood. This time Lawrence is flanked by a cast of stars that at times threaten to steal the movie. Mike Epps (Reggie, a straight-up fool) and Mo'Nique (Betty) in particular shine in their roles as cousins to Lawrence's talk show king, RJ Stevens aka Roscoe Jenkins. The gift of gab runs deep in this family. Michael Clarke Duncan has never made me laugh so hard as Otis, Roscoe's unlikely little brother. Anytime the three of them were on screen the audience's laughter drowned out the dialogue. Watch for the softba...

Murderous Haircut of the Mayor of Bel Air - Book Review

“The Murderous Haircut of the Mayor of Bel Air” is a trippy new mystery novel from Phillip Mottaz. It captures the grit and gilt of the City of Angels with the flair of a contemporary Raymond Chandler. The brisk pace and wit are reminiscent of Douglas Adams’s entries in the detective game. Flourishes of  Fletch  and “Medium” also spring to mind. However, Mottaz has added a psychic/mutant/superhuman touch and his own comedic voice, structure and internal monologues to the proceedings that help the author announce his own style and the arrival of a literary heroine for a new generation. Hairstylist and budding private investigator, Danica Luman is the perfect character to convey the irony, angst and sarcasm needed to tell a 21st century L.A. crime story. Danica also represents anyone who thought it would be neat to get tangled up in a mystery and the darkly comic cautionary tale that follows. The genre is recognizable, but Mottaz offers a fresh take on the not-ready-for-prime-ti...

My Grammy Moment

This year's 50th Grammy Celebration was so superior to last year's awards ceremonies that I can barely contain my thoughts as I type. So many highlights. So many great moments. I hope you had a chance to watch the show. In case you didn't here's a bit of what you really missed out on from my seats in the 200 level: The Time reunited to perform "Jungle Love." Flat out fun. They had the Staples Center grooving. Rihanna joined them half-way through to perform her hits "Umbrella" and "Don't Stop The Music." What became abundantly apparent was how superior the Time's nearly 25 year old song was. Rihanna's performance was helped by being backed by one of the premier funk outfits of all time. Morris Day and Jerome still have the moves and the comedy timing down! Aretha Franklin and Co. ran through gospel hits ancient and new. They brought Cherch to the show like never before. And when the choir and 'Retha finished with "the...